TITLE: Faculty Leader *Internal Only*
DIVISION: Academic and Student Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Academic Affairs
STATUS: Part-Time, Temporary, 9 Month Position (August – May)
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Assistant Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
Nature of Work: In addition to your regular faculty load, this position performs duties that require a willingness to collaborate with all faculty, communicate effectively and facilitate opportunities for all faculty. Position works mainly as a liaison between faculty and Administration. Position must adhere to standards of confidentiality of information and documentation.
- Serves as the Faculty Liaison to the Assistant Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs.
- Meets regularly with the Assistant Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs.
- Assists in promoting faculty relations and morale.
- Foster a collaborative atmosphere by evaluating data for continuous improvement and accreditation reporting.
- Identifies faculty needs for professional development and encourages professional growth of all faculty.
- Provides leadership to all faculty regarding instructor issues (advising, scheduling, teaching, assessment, etc.)
- Works closely with the Academic Coordinator to provide training and resources to faculty members in advising practices and articulation agreements.
- Assists the Director of Enrollment Management with faculty vision to increase enrollment in all areas.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs as needed in reviewing instructor credentials.
- Coordinates the development of course schedules for summer, fall and spring semesters.
- Assists in budgeting process for program/classroom needs.
- Responds to inquiries and requests from other faculty members.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs in assignment/monitoring of teaching loads.
- Assists all faculty with program and course assessment and provide training on topics as needed.
- Assists in conducting orientation sessions for department members prior to the beginning of each semester to familiarize them with institutional operating procedures.
- Coordinates meetings, trainings and mentoring opportunities for adjuncts and faculty for duty days with the Assistant Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs.
INQUIRIES MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Human Resources Department