POSITION TITLE: Faculty Business
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
STATUS: Full time, tenure track, 9 month, faculty
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Dawson Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for a full time, tenure track faculty position within our Business program. Instructional faculty have the important responsibility of creating an innovative learning environment both inside and outside the classroom to inspire success and excellence in student learning.
This full time faculty is responsible for collaboration within our Business program for program development and improvement, student recruitment, dual enrollment and articulation. This person demonstrates the academic and professional qualifications and relevant experience in education required for providing effective leadership for the program and students in both transfer and career and technical tracks.
EMPLOYMENT WITH DAWSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE:
Employees at Dawson Community College are required to demonstrate kindness, respect, integrity, professionalism, and caring regard. We adhere to the highest ethical standards in the fulfillment of our jobs, to honor the College and university policies and procedures and to promote the educational objectives of the institution. Respect creates an atmosphere conducive to learning. Respect, in this sense, is a minimum threshold for our interactions with each other. A higher threshold is a “caring regard” for the people with whom we work.
Professionalism at DCC includes being mindful of our actions when working with students, colleagues, co-workers and our community members. Respect and “caring regard” for those with whom we share the common purpose of serving students is a paramount value. Professionalism and respect for others is an expected part of DCC job performance.
Employees at Dawson Community College support and promote a positive image of Dawson Community College.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide instruction for courses at a variety of times and in a variety of delivery modes (face-to-face, online etc.).
- Teach a variety of business courses including, but not limited to: finance, accounting, marketing, human relations, economics, computer applications, small business and entrepreneurship.
- Participate in student recruitment and community outreach efforts.
- Demonstrate a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence.
- Maintain access to students through posted office hours and electronic communication.
- Maintain current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies and utilize a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources.
- Review program curriculum and develop/adjust educational courses based upon need and use the Institutional Effectiveness System for appropriate approvals.
- Prepare and utilize a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution and revise program goals/outcomes on an as needed basis.
- Collect and analyze program data; enrollment, graduation rates, employment, etc. for the purpose of program review.
- Develop and update articulation agreements.
- Recommend and coordinate provisions for textbooks and course/lab materials.
- Receive semester course evaluations for each course.
- Work with high school business instructors to offer concurrent and/or dual credit courses within the DCC service area.
- Advise Business Club.
- Provide administrative support for the program including active student advising, recruitment of students, development of class schedules, staffing of adjuncts, and evaluation of instruction.
- Meet regularly with advisory committee for program improvement, potential credential programs, training needs, changes in industry, etc.
- Participate in regular professional development to improve teaching methods, remain current in educational trends, maintain contacts in the field, etc.
- Supervise and facilitate internship experiences, student observations and encourage overall student professional development opportunities.
- Work with Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs to provide input into budget process, assure adequate resources are available and recommend needed equipment and supplies for program.
- Represent the Business Program in the community and during campus events; serve on appropriate committees.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, alumni, administration, and the community.
- Ensure congruence of program policies and procedures with those of Dawson Community College.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies including but not limited to Board of Trustees, Board of Regents and Northwest Accreditation.
- Perform other related duties for the good of the College as assigned by the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.
Required Educational Background:
- Master’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or other directly related field. All coursework must be from an accredited college or university.
- Teaching Experience (either at the college or secondary level).
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with local high schools, industry, and community organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, while also communicating with internal and external partners.
- Doctorate Degree.
- Online teaching experience.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
- Completed Dawson Community College application
- Current resume
- Cover Letter
- Copies of college transcripts (original transcripts required, if hired)
- Three professional references (names, email addresses, and phone numbers).
INQUIRIES MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
Qualified protected class individuals are encouraged to apply. Dawson Community College must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of1986. If hired, you will be required to provide documents to show your identity and authorization to work.
Nondiscrimination Policy: Dawson Community College does not discriminate on the basis of creed, race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy status, marital status, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation with respect to access, employment, programs, or services. The College is in compliance with Executive Order 11246; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972; Title IX regulation Implementing Educational Amendments of 1972; Section 504, Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; the 1991 Civil Rights Act; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended; the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Title 49, the Montana Human Rights Act; and all other federal, state, and college rules, laws, regulations and policies. Inquiries or complaints concerning these matters should be brought to the attention of Leslie Weldon, Title IX Coordinator. Telephone: (406) 377-9412. Email: email@example.com Mailing Address: 300 College Drive, Glendive, MT 59330.