DCC College Procedure 5-12a
APPROVED: January 7, 2019
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 7, 2019
REFERENCES: BP 5-12;
This policy establishes guidelines for the spending of indirect costs (IDC) received from federal or state grants. In most grants, Dawson Community College is allowed to recuperate a percentage of grant spending as the indirect cost of grant functions. These costs may include:
- a portion of the grant accountant’s payroll expenses
- training and conferences for the grant accountant
- continuation expenses related to grant-purchased equipment
- ancillary expenses in facilities, IT, operations, or student services
- other administrative costs
Expenditure of these funds must be approved by the Chief Financial Officer or his/her designee.
SCOPE: This policy applies to Dawson Community College.
PROCEDURES: The College President shall promulgate such procedures as may be needed to implement this policy.