The Career and Adult Education program offers a flexible program to meet the varied needs of students requiring basic skills, career training or college assistance. Students set their goals, work at their pace and receive lots of encouragement and praise.
This FREE program supports students as they:
- Attain their HiSET/GED
- Transition to college or technical programs
- Improve their employment prospects with career coaching using the Montana Career Information System
Let’s Get Started!
To be part of the AE program you are required to attend an orientation that helps you in at least five important ways:
- Evaluation: The pretest administered during the Orientation can help you discover which subjects you need to study.
- Instruction: Based on your pre-test the HiSET tutor will organize your studies and guide you in your preparation for the particular HiSET tests.
- Practice: Your tutor can give you practice tests similar to the HiSET. These will help you get a better idea of what to expect during the HiSET tests.
- Readiness for the HiSET testing: Your HiSET instructor can help you determine readiness to take and pass the official HiSET tests.
- Preparation for Career Training: The basic skill instruction delivered by HiSET tutors will assist you in developing skills needed to continue career training after you’ve earned your HiSET.
To schedule an appointment contact: Jane Wynne Coordinator/Instructor for Adult Education & Institutional Testing (406) 377-9448 or online.
(High School Equivalency Test)
The GED is now HiSET in Montana.
At least two weeks in advance of a test date we encourage you to create an account schedule and pay for a test at hiset.ets.org/test_takers
Once you have created a HiSET account contact the HiSET Test Administrator, Tami Johnson, by phone 406-377-9413 with additional questions.
Cost of the test: $65
$15 paid on the day of the test to Dawson Community College and
$50 registration when scheduling online at hiset.ets.org/test_takers
The HiSET exam is made up of five subject tests:
- Mathematics: (90 min./50 multiple choice questions)
- Language Arts: Reading (65 min./40 multiple choice questions)
- Language Arts: Writing ( Part 1 – 75 min/50 multiple choice questions, Part 2 – 45 min/1 essay prompt)
- Science: (80 min./50 multiple choice questions)
- Social Studies: (70 min./50 multiple choice questions)
On Test Day:
Go to Gallery 126 next to the Jane Carey Memorial Library in the Main Hall on the Dawson Community College campus.
ALL HiSET exams begin at 8 a.m. (test takes should arrive 15 minutes before)
Test takers must show picture ID and pay $15.
|2018-2019||Paper Test||Computer Test|