The law: Montana state law requires, that any student born after December 31, 1956 must show proof of immunization that was administered after December 31, 1967. The immunization dates must be after the age of one year.
Please Note: Potential students must show proof of Immunization BEFORE they will be permitted to register for six (6) credits or more as required by Montana state law .
- proof of two (2) doses of immunization against measles given at least thirty (30) days apart
- proof of one (1)Rubella immunization
- Immunizations administered after June 11, 1993 must be a measles/mumps/rubella (MMR).
- The record must be signed by a physician, health agency, or school official.
- The date (day/month/year) of the immunizations must be included.
- must show a physician-validated immunization record
- proof of two (2) doses of immunization against measles
- proof of one (1) Rubella immunization
- skin testing for tuberculosis.
Medical Exemptions are granted if:
- he/she files a bona fide statement signed by a physician licensed to practice medicine within the United States verifying that the physical condition of the person seeking to attend school makes the required immunization unsafe.
- The statement must indicate the specific nature and probable duration of the condition.
- The exemption shall not extend beyond the period of the condition which contraindicates immunization.
Religious exemptions are granted if:
- he/she files a notarized affidavit on a form approved by the Montana Department of Health stating that the immunization(s) is contrary to the religious tenets and practices of the signer.